Local Control Authority and Local Land Services: Biosecurity Law
We provide legal services that support LCA and LLS in administering their powers and functions under the Biosecurity Act 2015.
Effective environmental legal advice addresses the mitigation of corporate risk whilst promoting the business values of the Council or Agency in order to protect the economic, environmental and social qualities.
EnvLaw has experience and expertise in biosecurity laws and provides practical solutions. We specialise in acting for Councils in cost recovery We do not act for landowners or occupiers.
Investigations and Strategic Advice
We can provide legal and operational advice to LLS and LCAs in conducting investigations and provide case management support. We provide environmental prosecutors to appear and conduct proceedings on behalf of LCA and LLS.
EnvLaw has experience is providing strategic regulatory advice and are experts in applying a risk and outcomes based approach to regulation. We also understand the importance of advice and persuasion.
Our services include:
1. Advising on Individual Biosecurity Directions
2. Advising on Biosecurity Undertakings
3. Advising on the exercise of powers including coercive information gathering powers
4. Advising on the appropriate use of civil remedies through rigorous legal advice
5. Advising on variation or revocation of Individual Biosecurity Directions
6. Bringing prosecutions
7. Cost Recovery under Part 20 of the Biosecurity Act 2015.